- Initial Consultation. We sit down with inventors to talk about their needs and ideas in an informal, get-acquainted one-hour meeting.
- Market and IP Analysis. We determine if there is a market to justify commercialization. We also conduct a preliminary IP assessment, and at times we provide our findings to the inventor in a written report.
- Feasibility Assessment. We work collaboratively with inventors to help define and position the product in the market and identify companies to approach about partnerships.
This includes investigating technical hurdles, identifying clinical needs, devising a regulatory strategy, and doing an in-depth competitive analysis. A written summary of our findings is provided to the inventor.
- Business Launch Plan. Based on the previous assessments and analyses, we develop a comprehensive business plan that includes an ROI analysis and articulates the investment AMI USC plans to make in the technology.
- AMI USC arranges for facilities, equipment, human and financial resources to execute the business plan, pitch to investors, develop the product, perform clinical trials, and obtain FDA clearance.
Other links from this section:
Benefactor & Board of Directors - Read about Alfred E. Mann and our BOD
Mission - What is AMI USC's mission?
Meet our Team - Team biographies
AMI Programs - See what we've launched, what's in development and more