SUMMER 2020 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
DUE TO CURRENT CONDITIONS AT USC, THE SUMMER INTERN PROGRAM HAS BEEN DELAYED!!
The First Week in May, AMI Will Be Contacting Everyone. Thank You for Your Patience.
AMI-USC is searching for motivated high school and undergraduate students who are passionate about science and engineering for our highly selective, paid, summer intern program.
ELIGIBILITY AND PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS:
- The AMI-USC summer intern program is open to high school students and university undergraduates.
- Selection criteria is based on essay answers demonstrating personal motivation and academic interest in STEM sciences.
- Summer projects are personalized. Summer interns will have the opportunity to work with AMI Staff to tailor this experience based on their essay answers.
- All selected interns must be able to provide their own transportation to and from the USC University Park Campus from June 22, 2020 to July 29, 2020 (the duration of the “summer internship”).
- Parents of minors will be asked to allow students to travel to hospitals and/or medical clinics, organized by AMI, as appropriate for the summer projects.
- Interns are expected to commit a minimum of 2 days per week at AMI-USC during the summer internship.
- Interns will prepare and give oral presentations during the week of July 27th about their summer projects.
- This is a paid internship. There will be a fixed honorarium given to each student after their project oral presentations.
- Interested applicants must fill out the primary application found at INTERN APPLICATION.
Deadline to submit the primary application is 6pm March 1, 2020.
AMI-USC THEME AREAS:
- Healthcare Innovation and Investing
- Critical Thinking for Biomedical Innovation
- Expanding your Knowledge Skill Set Outside the Classroom
- Starting with Small Ideas for Changing Healthcare
Please choose only ONE of the following questions for your essay:
- Is there a medical issue or limitation that motivates you to come up with some innovative solutions?
- Write about a previous experience that has motivated you to pursue an interest in STEM and where do you see yourself 5 years from today?
- What was the most defining moment in your life so far? How did it shape who you are today or how did it change your life?
- What are your interests and/or hobbies (i.e., your passions)? How do you think these help or relate to your scientific pursuit?
- Name one skill that you have not learned in school and want to develop further. Why?
Based on the primary application and essay answers, semi-finalists will be chosen and notified by Sunday March 15, 2020, which will include an invitation to attend an optional orientation at AMI-USC on Friday April 10, 2020.
Semi-finalists will have an opportunity to learn more about AMI-USC and to propose and/or join a biomedical project for the summer.
Summer interns will be selected and notified by April 31, 2020.
SUMMER 2020 INTERNSHIP FLYER
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW: